Welcome back to a new season of Women in the Business Arena! I’m so excited to spend this season exploring a topic that’s extremely personal and powerful to me. One of my core beliefs is that Growth is a Removal Process.
How often do we get stuck on the idea that we have to do more and be more to grow? What if we just let go of striving for more and instead embraced less to have more?
Evaluating our lives & businesses, and deliberately choosing what serves us and what doesn’t is a powerful process.
In this episode we really talk about this overall concept, but throughout the next 11 weeks we will share with you different ways you can do less and have more.
As entrepreneurs, we’re taught to always be growing: growing our client base, growing our offers, growing our profits. But for so many of us, “bigger” and “better” are actually opposites!
Regular co-host and mental health expert Laura Shook-Guzman brings her insight back to our mic, as we introduce you to the possibilities we access when we let go of excess, dissolve old patterns, and remove what no longer serves us.
Join us as we discuss:
- The real freedom that comes from removing the patterns that no longer serve us.
- The pressure the business world puts on women entrepreneurs to keep others happy, and never, ever set down a responsibility.
- Paying attention to the messages our bodies and minds send when we need to simplify.
- Why it’s so important to be thoughtful about where we’re directing our energy, our time, and our attention.
Where can you follow Laura:
Social: https://www.instagram.com/consciousambition/ (@consciousambition)
The book Laura mentions at 30:26 is How Emotions Are Made: The Secret Life of the Brain, by Lisa Feldman Barrett
More Support for Women In Business:
- Love the podcast? Need a little weekly pick-me-up delivered straight into your inbox? Sign up for my Worthy Love Notes.
- In Worthy Women Collective, we focus on creating ease, joy, freedom & business success. We are smashing the patriarchal business table and creating a table of our own. Join us!
Thank you for being you. We are so honored to have you as a listener!