How a DEI workshop can support your diversity & inclusion initiatives
The underdevelopment of emotional intelligence is a consistent barrier to advancing & implementing inclusion & equity initiatives. Before you can create an inclusive culture, you have to create psychological safety and resource your team with communication tools and skills to self-regulate emotions and nervous system responses. Compassion & empathy are our nature, but not until we remove any perceived threats to our safety. My DEI workshops are focused on resourcing your team with the tools and knowledge they need to address unconscious bias, habitual behaviors, and communication challenges. These resources are the key to making your diversity & inclusion efforts transformational instead of just performative.
A few statistics:
- Corporations identified as more diverse and inclusive are 35% more likely to outperform their competitors.
- Diverse companies are 70% more likely to capture new markets.
- Diverse teams are 87% better at making decisions.
- Diverse management teams lead to 19% higher revenue.
- 2 out of 3 job candidates seek companies that have diverse workforces.
- Millennials are 83% more likely to be engaged at work at inclusive companies.
—> And yet, 78% of employees who responded to a Harvard Business Review study said they work at organizations that lack diversity in leadership positions. – where does your company fit in?
INTROS & STARTERS
(Perfect for all employee events or employee resource groups – 60-90 min)
- Emotional Intelligence @ Work – a masterclass that raises your team’s E.Q. and provides a foundation for an emotionally intelligent workplace (workshop or talk)
- Confident & Compassionate Communication – the art of human interaction & emotional literacy: a foundational workshop for DEI initiatives (workshop or talk)
- Compassion & Empathy are Our Nature – how to remove the barriers to cultural mindfulness & bridge a path for connection (talk)
We can also customize a talk or workshop for your needs!
(Great for Leadership or HR teams – 90 min-2 hours)
- If DEI is the Destination, Emotional Intelligence is the Bridge – why emotional intelligence is the key to creating inclusive cultures (workshop or talk)
- A Playbook for Inclusive Leadership – how to build a culture people want to be a part of + an intro to trauma-informed leadership (workshop)
- The Emotional Intelligence Toolkit – a set of resources for your managers & leaders (workshop)
(Virtual or in-person training for your team – 16 hours)
- An Emotionally Intelligent Workplace – a powerful training for your whole team which includes understanding emotions, learning to self-regulate, effective communication, and learning to work better together
- Trauma-informed Management Training – for managers & leaders wanting to understand how to effectively navigate trauma and stress in the workplace (theirs and their teams)
(Private podcasts for additional learning (Coming soon))