As entrepreneurs & leaders, as women in the world, we’re under enormous pressure to show up perfectly and all “put together”. There is a belief (and it is reinforced) that there’s no room for the imperfections and mistakes that are inevitable – and vital – in any growth process.
In order to truly grow, we must have room to be our messy selves. In order to show up for others, we have to develop in spaces where we can actually be real. So where is it safe to be real?
This week, in Women in the Business Area, we have your next growth tip: find safe spaces to be yourself.
In our culture, women are expected to “keep it all together” even when the pressure is pulling us apart. We are expected to hold space for others when we don’t even have space for ourselves. We shame ourselves for feeling fear or needing comfort. And we carry these ideas into our community spaces.
This week, we’re giving women (including ourselves) permission to remove that pressure and abandon the illusion of “having it all together”. We are also encouraging you to seek out spaces to be your authentic self.
Investing in spaces that give you permission to truly be yourself can transform your life and work. It shifts your relationship with your values, your desires, and your power and helps you access your full potential.
In a personal, intimate conversation, Laura and I explore the power we unlock when we allow ourselves room to be vulnerable.
- Why having a safe space to express yourself is so crucial to enable your growth.
- Ways to identify the places and people that allow you to come as you are.
- How working through anxiety in a genuine community can help you show up courageously in more challenging circumstances.
- The resilience that comes from identifying and nurturing the spaces that embrace every aspect of yourself, even the messy parts.
More Support for Women In Business:
- Love the podcast? Need a little weekly pick-me-up delivered straight into your inbox? Sign up for my Worthy Love Notes.
- In Worthy Women Collective, we focus on creating ease, joy, freedom & business success. We are smashing the patriarchal business table and creating a table of our own. Join us!
Thank you for being you. We are so honored to have you as a listener!