When I talk about creating ease by aligning your business with your strengths, some people think I am saying business should be easy.
But trust me, I’ve been in business more than 20 years – I know things can’t always be easy!
What I am saying is that your work shouldn’t feel like a battle every single day. If your systems are too complicated, if you are spreading yourself too thin, if you are feeling burnt out and uninspired after most days of work…
You are probably not working in alignment with your strengths.
So how can we change that?
In this episode I am talking to the wonderful Kourtney Thomas, a body image and self-discovery coach, about how we can rediscover our strengths, let go of expectations and do work that feels deep and fulfilling.
Through guided self-discovery work and coaching, Kourtney Thomas helps women see themselves so they can trust themselves in every choice they make for their bodies, lives, and businesses. With her background in fitness and life coaching, Kourtney has a gift for understanding all kinds of people, building instant rapport, and saying what she means without being mean. She helps women cut through the fluff to the conversations that matter.
Kourtney and I talk about the difference between your natural skills and the ones you’ve learned, how to slow down and rediscover your natural strengths, and why our deepest genius often can’t be measured.
She also shares some of her experiences taking her strengths for granted and why letting other people reflect your natural genius back to you is one of the best ways to get back in touch with who you really are.
We also talk about why you don’t need to add MORE to your life to be good enough or qualified enough or strong enough. Your natural strengths are right there waiting for you.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Why Kourtney brings an awareness of the body into her self-discovery coaching
- How our culture makes us think we need to constantly “improve” ourselves
- Why growth is actually a removal process, not always a process of adding more to our lives
- How expectations we have for ourselves can sneak up on us
- The relationship between our innate strengths and our learned strengths
- Why other people struggle to value skills and talents that are hard to measure
- Kourtney’s favorite strategies for getting back in touch with your innate strengths
- Why we sometimes take our own strengths for granted
Connect with Guest and/or resources:
I’d love to hear what you think about the show, too – it helps me know what you’re loving & what you’d like to hear. Head over to Apple Podcasts to write your review!