As entrepreneurs, we’re told that the fastest way to build wealth is to have multiple streams of income, and diversifying our projects is the only way to achieve security. It always reminds me of the old wives tale “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket”.
But this approach to business demands more effort, saps our energy, and keeps us from truly pursuing our passions. Focus is actually the key to building wealth & achieving the life and business we truly want.
Multiple streams of income is a sexy idea, but rooted in old patriarchal frameworks.
It was designed for white, wealthy men running the patriarchy.
Men who weren’t taking care of the kids, supporting their community, doing hard or invisible labor or already juggling too many plates.
Sure, when you have all of your other needs taken care of by women, children or domestic workers, you have plenty of time to juggle a few streams of income.
But today, many women are deficient in time, attention and resources. This is why so many women build wealth & business success faster when they have ONE focus.
Laura Shook Guzman is back in the co-host chair to help me bust the myth that you should have multiple streams of income to build wealth and achieve business success!
As an accomplished psychotherapist, trauma specialist, and devoted community leader, Laura brings enormous expertise, insight, and energy to our chat.
Join us as we discuss:
- The illusion of multitasking, and how shifting our focus from one income stream to another robs all your projects of the momentum they need to succeed.
- Why it’s so important to gather data on where your income comes from, and how your efforts (and passions) really impact your clients.
- The huge benefits of creating a single business that incorporates your multifaceted passions, in terms of time, energy, income, and impact.
- Why, particularly for women business owners, focus is a superpower AND an act of self-care.
- How to recognize and overcome the fear of going all in on yourself and your vision.
More Support for Women In Business:
- Love the podcast? Need a little weekly pick-me-up delivered straight into your inbox? Sign up for my Worthy Love Notes.
- In Worthy Women Collective, we focus on creating ease, joy, freedom & business success. We are smashing the patriarchal business table and creating a table of our own. Join us!
Thank you for being you. We are so honored to have you as a listener!