If you just get your marketing right, you are guaranteed to grow your business & your bank account, right? Wrong! So many business owners are obsessed with more marketing, and they bypass the easy steps to sales that have been there all along.
Generating content, chasing after more leads, constantly fixing your brand…does NOT bring more sales. Learning to do sales, brings more sales. Got it!
In this episode, we are going to help you understand the difference between marketing and sales. We also dive into why marketing is a tempting time-sink, and how you can reframe your understanding to focus on what will work better for your bottom line.
I have my co-host Laura on with me this week, and as always we are tackling the internal and external challenges of running a business.
Join us as we discuss:
- How much time we spend trying to slowly warm up cold leads through marketing, instead of tapping into our warm (and even hot) leads crying out for our help right now.
- The importance of sales to a viable business, and how sales calls can actually be fun AND effective.
- Why it’s scary to be vulnerable as a business owner, and why that genuine connection is so vital for developing lasting client relationships.
- What, if anything, the work of building a social media presence actually does for your business development.
Where can you follow Laura:
Social: @ConsciousAmbition (https://www.instagram.com/consciousambition/)
More Support for Women In Business:
- You can find free gifts, opportunities to contribute & more at http://womeninthebusinessarena.com
- Love the podcast? Need a little weekly pick-me-up delivered straight into your inbox? Sign up for my Worthy Love Notes. https://bit.ly/worthy-love-notes
- In Worthy Women Collective, we focus on creating ease, joy, freedom & business success. We are smashing the patriarchal business table and creating a table of our own. https://bit.ly/worthy-women-collective
Thank you for being you. We are so honored to have you as a listener!